Implementation of Declared Strategy
New technologies: maintaining and increasing production at mature fields
In 2014, Gazprom Neft increased production volume at mature fields as a result of:
- the implementation of a programme for the high-tech development of the oil and gas bearing strata (OJSC Gazpromneft-Noyabrskneftegaz, LLC Gazpromneft-Khantos): the number of wells drilled using the horizontal method increased by 17% from 184 to 215 wells, including a 4% increase in the number of wells drilled with multi-stage fracturing from 137 in 2013 to 142 in 2014;
- involvement in the development of 15 mn tonnes of hard-to-recover reserves.
OJSC Gazpromneft-Noyabrskneftegaz increased production 0.4%, the first time in nine years that production has not declined.
Oil production at OJSC Gazpromneft-Noyabrskneftegaz, mn t
Oil production at the fields: Karamovskoye, Novogodneye, Kholmistoye and Yaraynerskoye, mn t
The first ones offshore
Key results of the Prirazlomnoye project in 2014:
- Four oil tankers dispatched (total of approximately 300,000 tonnes).
- Drilling completed on second injection well.
- 100% asset consolidation within the perimeter of Gazprom Neft.
First summer shipment of yamal oil
Key results of the Novy Port project in 2014:
- August, Mys Kamenny village: the first summer shipment of Novy Port oil (registered trademark), which is superior to the benchmark Brent blend in terms of its quality characteristics.
- A ceremony to mark the start of the first offshore oil shipment was timed to the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Novoportovskoye oil and gas condensate field.
- The oil was loaded onto the ship using a temporary procedure in accordance with a design that has undergone an environmental expert evaluation and has been approved at public hearings.
- Approximately 100,000 tonnes of oil shipped in total.
Badra on track
Key results of the Badra project in 2014:
- Wells BD4 and BD5 were completed in August with a flow rate of over 15,000 barrels per day.
- Oil production began at the field in May.
- Oil started being pumped into the Iraqi oil pipeline system and a ceremony was held to mark the opening of the field in July.
- The field produced its one millionth barrel in October.
- Commercial production was achieved in November for the start of cost recovery.